Use Playwright visual regression testing on a large sample of content to test a migration between two editorial solutions.
- In this fist part, we will compare the key differences between the Drupal GraphQL module versions 3 and 4, where to start and various ways to write a schema with version 4.
- Running Drupal on the PHP built-in server can be used for quick evaluation / testing, but also for day-to-day development. Let's see why, what it takes, and how to solve common pitfalls or requirements like a mail catcher, Solr, ...
- Add a patch with Composer for a core or contributed Drupal project.
- Gatsby and Next are both based on React and become more and more adopted, far beyond the Drupal sphere. Choosing a decoupled solution comes with a resource cost though (budget, team-wise), and might not be the right fit for every project. Working with these solutions is still time well invested.
- We will see how to get a minimal and fast Drupal 9 setup in 3 commands. It just relies on a PHP built-in server, so no Docker here, the only requirements are Composer and PHP. Then, we will do a recap of the available tools for developers.
- Here is a really simple way to handle synonyms (or extra keywords) using Search API out of the box with a database server and no custom code involved. Use case: we want to do a full text search based on synonyms that does not appear on the frontend. These ones should be set from the Tags vocabulary. The method should be flexible regarding translations, available for content editors and easily generalizable.
- The planet Drupal has now some data visualization based on Three.js an D3.js for the following questions: where are the Drupal peeps, how are they contributing, which languages are they talking, what are they working on? Get the answers on https://drupalearth.org
- While working on migrations from Drupal 7 to 8 it could be necessary to convert tokens from formatted text fields + get an idea of how many of them are in the database for estimation, e.g. to see if it is possible to rely on Token Filter or if there are custom tokens/filters.